The Ragsdale family history in Funeral Service dates back to the late 1800's in what is now called the State of Oklahoma. The Ragsdale Undertaking Company began after the family relocated from Arkansas to Indian Territory and opened a livery stable in Muskogee that developed into their Grandfather, William Ragsdale renting horse drawn hearses to mourners and later taking an embalming course, that would lead to the opening of The Ragsdale Undertaking Company in 1889. The family would eventually open firms in Tulsa and Ardmore, OK. In 1947 Hartwell Ragsdale, II and his brother Lincoln Ragsdale would open a mortuary in Phoenix, Arizona with the help of their father from Ardmore. In 1955 while Hartwell was on a fishing trip in San Diego he would learn of the Anderson Mortuary on Imperial Avenue was for sale following the death of it's owner. That same year he and his wife, Hazel would relocate their family from Arizona to San Diego to open the Anderson-Ragsdale Mortuary. Their business grew as they became active in the Community serving in several churches and other social organizations. In 1977 they built a new facility on Federal Blvd. Today the company is led by 4th Generation Licensed Funeral Director & Embalmer, Hartwell W. "Skipper" Ragsdale, III. We continue the legacy started by our forefathers over 126 years ago.